Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan B American Fork 5-11-17
[#0000FF]Saw a similar report on Channel 2 news at noon today. They are warning of possible flooding along the lower Provo with increasing releases from Deer Creek. Shouldn't be long before Utah Lake is fulled up again.

I remember the spring of 1983...when City Creek was actually running down the streets of Salt Lake City. I had been fishing walleyes at the outlet of Utah Lake into the Jordan River. When all the heavy runoff hit it was impossible to wade and fish it...unless you wanted to take a fast downstream ride in the Jordan. That was before they put in the roll gates at the park.

Good on ya for helping with the youngsters. My wife and I participated in the DWR youth fishing program for a couple of years. It has always been a big thing for me to see the look on a kid's face when they catch their first fish. Even better when a former "problem child" does a 180 as a result of fishing and becomes an avid angler...as well as a good student, brother, son/daughter, etc.

Here's a pic of a couple of sisters in the program at Bountiful Pond one year...both with their first fish...one a bass and the other a catfish. Priceless.

[inline "SUCCESSFUL SISTERS 2.JPG"]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Plan B American Fork 5-11-17 - by TubeDude - 05-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Re: [Piscophilic] Plan B American Fork 5-11-17 - by TubeDude - 05-12-2017, 08:51 PM