Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for info on Lake Mead
[cool]Hey SturgeonKid, I have tubed Lake Mead several times. I have been targeting stripers. They are usually active where ever the NDOW stocks trout. They have been stocking every friday and should til march 12. I have had good luck off Hemenway Point. You can launch there for free but be careful not to launch close to the shore fisherman that hit that place. I launch from one of the other points that are next to Hemenway. Use a large{4" to 6"} trout colored lure or swimbait. The stripers run from 5lb to at least 17lbs. I've caught a 12lb and a 17lb there on Storm swimbaits. Another place is Saddle Cove, also known as cove B3. Free to launch. I've fished it both in a tube and from shore, all around the cove. I have'nt caught anything there yet but the reports say 2 to 5lbers are being caught there after a trout plant. If you plan any other areas, talk to a ranger to see if it is legal to launch a tube. Also have a PFD with you because they will tell you to have one when tubing. Also try Galyan's at the Galleria mall in Henderson for bass/fishing gear.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Looking for info on Lake Mead - by SturgeonKid - 02-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Re: [SturgeonKid] Looking for info on Lake Mead - by BigE - 02-09-2004, 11:12 PM