Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS?
[quote Springbuck]
And, forget boats. I don't have one, probably never will. It's ice time NOW, or soon, when the fish are supposedly accessible to anyone willing to walk. I have hand drilled a dozen holes through 22" of ice more than once, at the Gorge, so it isn't my level of effort.

So, why aren't the "happy harvesters" we see at Utah lake tanking up on white bass up there targeting lakers? Can't we get them up there taking trout?[/quote]

A dozen 10-holes amounts to, roughly 12 square feet of water. I can cover that in a boat in about a minute or two in a boat. Sorry, but way too random. The real go-getters tell me they drill dozens of holes a day! I don't ice fish for this very reason, and mainly for this very reason. (That's another topic!)

The "happy harvesters tanking up on white bass" is what I'm talking about on palatability. If lakers tasted like white bass, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Or crappie. Or walleye, Or, c'mon, they're lake trout. That's the problem! They're broccoli and spinach, not Ben and Jerry's. They're pressed meat, not a choice cut. We have to stop kidding ourselves. That's why people smoke 'em, and bottle 'em, and cook 'em all kinds of ways, sometimes for days. I'm hoping we can find a solution beyond trying to convince someone to eat something that they don't want to eat. That's not working. I appreciate all the harvest and those who like eating them. Good thing some people do. Not enough though, and you can't change your taste buds.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by Tarponjim - 12-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Re: [Springbuck] Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by Tarponjim - 12-17-2017, 12:28 AM
Re: [MACMAN] Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by PBH - 12-21-2017, 02:51 PM
RE: Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by FishwithKids - 12-17-2020, 03:57 PM
RE: Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by Jbworkin - 02-04-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: Gorge Mack Pups--SOLUTIONS? - by wiperhunter2 - 02-05-2021, 02:54 PM