Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal protection - Springield vs Glock
Just saw this post, and wanted to put my 2 cents in... Personally I do not like the Glock nor the S&W semi pistols, they have a composite frame and are harder to control while shooting. Put into a situation that is critical you would not want that. I have a S&W SVE40 40cal that is jumppy as all get out, I do not use that gun for protection, just scaring the rabbits. My wife shoots a sig P2 series in a 9mm, she loves it and I prefer to shoot it as well, built tough and takes a licken and keeps ticken, I want a P series one in a 45 cal. They have a metal frame and you can feel the difference. But I must agree home protection you want easy to use and accurate; locked and loaded and ready to take care of business. I know in SLC some of the gun shops will let you shoot their used guns, specifically Dougs Shootin sports. I would go to a shop that you can shoot them and demo different calibers and different manufactures. Just remeber though you only want to pull the trigger once and you want to make it count and not let the round end up in your neighbors house. Dougs also offers a conceal carry course, make sure you have Terry Tate teach it, that is fantastic and free if you purchase a hand gun; also they offer free child/adult saftey classes that teach the kids to not touch and the adults on proper storage. I feel both of those types of classes should be mandatory before anyone purchases a gun.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [BEARCLAW] Personal protection - Springield vs Glock - by One_eyed_jack - 02-11-2004, 10:12 PM