Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups?
I think the Lake Trout have gotten an unfair reputation of not being good table fair. I had a friend tell me they were great, I thought he was nuts until I tried his recipe. Simply, put honey and butter 50/50 in a coffee cup, microwave it (carefully as butter splatters everywhere) until it melts and can be mixed together. Put a fillet skin side down right on the grill or on a cedar or hickory plank (make sure to soak the plank if you use that, I prefer the plank), coat the fillet with the butter honey mixture and apply salt and pepper or a seasoned salt of your choice before you put it on the grill as it cooks fast. It is flat delicious. I truly don't care what people say about this next statement, because I make it knowing the comments are coming. Lake trout cooked that way, are every bit as good as Kokanee Salmon if not better.

The Gorge (and the green) is a location people come to from other Countries to fish. Its fun meeting people from Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, others I can't recall, but it's not uncommon to meet other people from other Countries taking in the beauty of the Flaming Gorge area. To have such an amazing resource, 3 hours away is a heck of a compliment to the UT DWR and it's biologists and management efforts! I know we all want to complain about things, myself included, the reservoir is in need of help. I hope we jump on this opportunity and help out the State with what they are asking for. Go up, keep 8 pups, eat as many as you can while your'e there, take home 8 a person. I watch people release them daily when I'm on the water, they just don't understand the repercussions we may face if we do not limit the lake trout here.

I wish it were not in need of the help, I personally don't want the fishing pressure on my favorite place on the planet!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fish_hntr] how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups? - by submoa - 04-05-2018, 07:19 PM