Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for info on Lake Mead
Hey Big E...
Well, there's no fee to launch...but there's that $5 fee just to get into the place isn't there? Unless you know a way to get there that I don't. I'm taking 93 and then I turn onto Lakeshore Road and going towards Hemenway Harbor that way. Just down Lakeshore Road a little ways from 93 there's a fee station. No fee to launch...just the fee to get in. I never actually made it down to the harbor, I just make it to that fee station and turned around. Is there some ohter way to get in? Who knows...maybe they are just at that fee station on the weekends. LoL. I even took my little sister with me today because I figured she could at least fish for a little while as I was scoutin' out the place.
Is the striper action any good from shore with anchovies? I used to striper fish with anchovies all the time when I was a kid and had a blast doin' that, so I figure maybe my little sis can get in on some of thta action. And what did you catch the trout on? We had bought some nightcrawlers and I was just gonna have her toss a nightcrawler on one of those clear plastic water bubbles...I figured that might get her a trout or two. Any advice to get her on some fish? Hopefully we will go back out on Monday or something to try and take a look again and maybe she can get somethin'...then I will probably buy a day fishing license and go out in my tube on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Also...I was lookin' at my map and saw some of those rock islands in that area and it looked like it may hold some bass...and then when I went out there today, those islands looked like a pretty good paddle out there! LoL! Have you ever tried to paddle all the way out there? Is it really as far as it seems??
Thanks for all the help so far!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Looking for info on Lake Mead - by SturgeonKid - 02-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Re: [BigE] Looking for info on Lake Mead - by SturgeonKid - 02-15-2004, 02:00 AM