Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 7/31/18, fishery is not there yet
[quote k2muskie]

Guess Einstien theory of keep doing the same thing expecting different results is what the naysayers hold true. But guess what, doing the same thing only results in the same outcome.

[/quote]

Please show me where we want the same thing done again at Scofield. The same thing would be to poison Scofield and plant rainbows (and nothing else) and then give it 7 to 9 years before the chubs overrun it again. I don't know any knowledgeable/educated angler who is proposing this. What we would have preferred was to poison Scofield and restock it with rainbows (many anglers prefer rainbows because they are easy to catch and taste good to them) cutthroat, tiger trout and any other predators that they want to add to the mix (such as tiger muskies, wipers and sterile walleye) and install a strict slot limit (this has never been done at Scofield immediately after poisoning). By using this management plan the water would have recovered immediately instead of several more years and all of the fish would be growing quickly without the chubs eating so much of the limited available food.

This also would have brought back the anglers immediately. When I fished it from sunrise to about 3 PM, I saw one other boat fishing for a couple hours and there were four children that arrived as we were leaving and were setting up to fish from the shore. There were no other anglers on a reservoir that used to be second in popularity only to Strawberry Reservoir!

I also have another question (actually it is two questions) for you and wiperhunter2. How many times have you fished Scofield and when was the last time you fished Scofield? I have a hunch the answer from both of you is "zero" to the first part of the question, so the second part of the question doesn't apply. I first fished Scofield when I was around 4 or 5 years old (about 1955) and I have fished it at least 50 times (probably many more) and the last time was on 7/31/18.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [k2muskie] Scofield 7/31/18, fishery is not there yet - by kentofnsl - 08-06-2018, 05:45 PM