Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
Well we've finally started getting night temps into the low 50s.

Today I planted one of my home grown slips into the SP box, where the most pizzly plant was. (see pics, its the leafy one in center of the box) It was very interesting, when I dug into the soil, it is very nice, moist but not soggy at all. Pizzly had only produced a few small root system so far. My slip I put in its place had at least 6 inches of roots when I took it off the SP half, so hopefully this a good sign and it will thrive in its new environment.

On my crookneck squash my squash fruits get to about the size of a large dill pickle, then they just shrivel. Reading online about this, its because they aren't getting properly pollinated! No sign of any insects causing this, the soil isn't too wet or too dry. Well I'm learning stuff this year. So all the fruit I have are likely to shrivel up, those ones in first pictures I posted I have already removed due to shriveling, and I just removed 3 more today and I could have removed even more than those. Guess this evening I'll be out there pollinating the blooms I currently have! sure hate to lose the fruit but glad I know how to fix this problem. Who ever would have thought you'd have to struggle to grow a squash!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 07-08-2019, 09:15 PM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM