Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My garden pics: Summer of 2019
That BC is going nuts for sure, soon you won't be able to mow [Wink]

Your watermelon look about like ours, and hasn't even bloomed yet, but the cantaloupe has really taken off and has tons of blooms.

Cabbages are so happy healthy this year, and maybe they are beginning to form heads. So much so that my row shelters to keep the cabbage moths off are getting harder and harder to open to check on the plants then to put back on for their protection.

I'm about to make the rounds around garden. My squash seems really happy and it is funny one day it'll have all male flowers the next day only female flowers so I think I may have problems pollinating them myself. I did get one pollinated for sure and it is growing nicely. Perhaps next year if I plant two of the plants I could have higher probability of getting male and female flowers at the same time. Then again, being the only one who will be eating them I'd hate to have too many of them. [crazy]

Update - Pics added , also had deer get spooked as I made way around the house to take the pics, scared both of us a bit - me mainly because the sweet potatoes box hasn't been deer proofed yet, and it got too out of sight into the trees to see if a buck or doe. No damage to SPs but one of the SPs that had some signs of some damage to the main stem a couple weeks ago is starting to wilt badly, so I'm going to check if any more of own slips can be placed out there if it has enough roots.

The cabbages are so healthy and strong, almost 24 inches wide, with a head just beginning in the middle. I do need to harvest some broccoli though its growing so much better than ever under those shelters its even poking up into the tops of the covers! But no cabbage moths. Oh and one of the SPs in my bales that is located under the shelters just because of spacing has vined nicely compared to all the others, its vines are 2-3 ft long under the shelter, so it is happy. My fingers are crossed that we get some harvest from all my SP experiments this year. But I'll be more ready for growing them next year depending on what turns out to best way to get them to grow here. It's been enjoyable to track them throughout this year.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My garden pics: Summer of 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My garden pics: June 2019 - by jjannie - 07-17-2019, 04:13 PM