Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My garden pics: Summer of 2019
It's nice how just a little rain sprinkle at sunset can cool things off, well that and the fact it was cooler most of the day too.

Made plans for building a grape arbor - it'll go up and over the end of those beds back by the pine trees. So Friday (since we'll be out doing errands) we'll pick up some stronger/thicker wood to frame up the arbor, but the cross pieces Jeff said he should have enough scraps here (we got some from our son's last house as well as some we salvaged from another person's no-longer-needed wood) as well as some good rust proof wire for in between spaces - so hopefully this grape that is growing makes it through the winter pretty well.

Picked another successful squash. We aren't buried in squash, which is good when only one of us really eats it, so its been plenty for our needs.

Some of my bale cukes are finally up to gherkin size so soon (maybe 2 weeks) we will be able to start picking them.

I think a young bird must have landed inside the ground garden deer fencing cause it broke off one of bell peppers [Sad] . and it even had set peppers on it. No worries, but still Sad.

My SPs really don't seem to be really taking off like I remember yours looking. So unsure we'll get any useable potatoes out of all my experiments. The best ones though are growing in the straw bales. But I guess we just have to see later this fall. Fingers are crossed.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My garden pics: Summer of 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My garden pics: June 2019 - by jjannie - 08-01-2019, 02:08 AM