Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My garden pics: Summer of 2019
I'm thinking maybe a dove or possibly a younger robin - neither flying very well right now - but perhaps it landed on top. it was only damaged one in the garden, no evidence of a cat (foot prints) or even a squirrel as we saw one run across the street so they are in the area. they can access that side of those beds via the black picket yard fencing. The deer never get in from that side as they don't like the look of where they'd be landing, but smaller animals can go through the pickets.

I've dug down in an empty area away from the drip lines and its is nice and moist, but not soggy. They do get watered twice a day for 20 or 25 min (can't remember which Jeff set the time for) these days. Guess we'll just have to wait and see? Did you ever see yours flower? None of ours have, but I read that they could.

It should be a pretty strong arbor(Jeff always believes in over engineering stuff - LOL). The bed it'll be over was the one we tried growing asparagus in - it still gets the most sun at that end of those beds, and it'll be high enough to walk under to harvest any grapes that hang down. Or at least that is the plan. What should I cover it with once the leaves fall off - will leaves or straw work, I usually have lots of both?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My garden pics: Summer of 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My garden pics: June 2019 - by jjannie - 08-01-2019, 02:58 AM