Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My garden pics: Summer of 2019
I was thinking maybe a racoon got into the cage and accidently broke it, as it was poking around because they would not eat them but in all the years I've grow Bell Peppers, I've never seen a bird do damage like that, who knows, anything is possible.
Sounds like your SP are getting plenty of water. It gets a lot hotter down here, plus we have sandy soil, that is why I water so much. I don't remember ever seeing my SP's flower but I guess I could have missed it, depending on what color the flowers would be, if they blend in, I could have missed them.
Once your grape vine really starts growing, it will fill in that area below the arbor pretty quick but that could take several years. Straw or leaves either one will work fine to cover the base of the Grape vine and after a winter or two, it should be strong enough not to matter.
We are starting to get a bunch of bother zucchini and yellow squash, picked 5 zucchini and 4 yellow squash today. We got so much last week, we had to start blanching and freezing it.
Saw our first small watermelon today and I picked two carrots as well but still no green beans[Sad].
Went fishing up to Willard today and as we drove back, I noticed they were already taking peaches to the roadside stands. I should be getting some from my trees by the end of the month.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My garden pics: Summer of 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
Re: [jjannie] My garden pics: June 2019 - by wiperhunter2 - 08-02-2019, 02:26 AM