Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds
Its a digital kitchen scale (pic attached) Today it weighed 4lb 9 3/4oz. We weighed a similar sized one at grocery store today it weighed 4lbs 12oz so Jeff said he's picking it tomorrow or Sunday.

For fun, I also weighed a cantaloupe it was over 3 lbs . We read if the vines start drying out, dyeing back it's definitely time to pick them. Our vines are still a strong, vibrant green.

We were 60* last night. Seemed a bit warm for us to start the day, but I know for you it was welcomed relief . Next week we have couple days where our highs are only in the 60s and the lows in the lower 40s - that getting a little scary since we tend to be cooler than forecasted but if we survive those days/nights it does rebound to more safe temps by the end of next week. [crazy]

I cut back the watering on my bales hoping the tomatoes start ripening a little faster. Think this year we may can some as yummy tomato juice. they've really started ripening up lately but there are so many green ones I'd like if they would ripen before any frost hits to cut their season shorter.

I got about dozen green beans - they are growing well, all things considered, but I'd likely need to have more plants to get a greater amount at one time.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 06-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Re: [wiperhunter2] My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by jjannie - 09-06-2019, 08:50 PM
RE: My 2019 Gardens/Flowerbeds - by wiperhunter2 - 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM