Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Panoptix Livescope
[quote SkunkedAgain]Guess we need a rich friend to get one and fish with them. Or hopefully the other companies will get something that will compete so the price comes down. Later Jeff[/quote]
Have done that, on the Gorge, for lakers. You can see them, but the resolution in deep water is not as good as the 2-D images I get from my Lowrance HDS Carbon. In fact, I can tell when the fish are a foot from my jig on my HDS, and see the moves on the jig. The Panoptix was too wide of cone for that with fish on or near the bottom. Not a game-changer for me . . . yet. Rumor has it more improvements are coming from both Garmin and Lowrance, but sonar is still sonar. Its either wide and less-pricise, or narrow and very precise. Wide angles are good for finding and locating fish. I don't have any problems finding fish with 83 to 200 khz frequencies, and I want to know what's under my boat. Fish off to my side are useless to me. I move my boat and find them under me where we can do something about it.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Garmin Panoptix Livescope - by DjHill16 - 12-03-2019, 05:11 AM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Garmin Panoptix Livescope - by Tarponjim - 12-04-2019, 01:24 PM