Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brought home a new Dog.
I have had my for four years. Closest dealer was Michigan, where I bought one and had it shipped free out here with a free sled, free handle bar mitts, and free handle bar storage pack. No longer a Snowdog dealer.
Couple of things, stud the track(don’t use snowmobile studs, they will destroy track. I seen a track tore to shreds in Montana.), turn off fuel valve immediately when you turn it over/on its side(you will flip it because you really have to be really careful on slopes) and when you trailer it. I bought an aluminum hitch hauler that has a ramp or tilts to ground to load. I helped a guy last year on I-80 going towards Flaming Gorge reload his damaged Dog that rolled off his hitch ramp. He did not strap it down secure enough. Take your time and make sure your ramp is secured to your hitch and does not wobble.
Flip sled upside down and it fits perfectly over the top of the Dog to haul it. It protects machine from slush and snow when traveling.
It is very difficult to make tight turns in the snow.
Difference between a snowmobile and Dog in slush is that the snowmobile will just get stuck out in slush further!
I imagine you did the reverse model. If not, mistake.
I have had mine in snow so deep that the top of Dog was covered..Bogged down, just stamp out a snow ramp in front of machine and it will walk out!
Do not store with track in contact with floor. Will put a wobble in track because boogies will developer a flat spot.
Have fun.
Any other questions feel free to contact me.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Brought home a new Dog. - by knottyhookr - 12-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Re: [6x7] Brought home a new Dog. - by r2u2 - 12-12-2019, 01:28 AM
Re: [r2u2] Brought home a new Dog. - by 6x7 - 12-12-2019, 02:37 AM
Re: [knottyhookr] Brought home a new Dog. - by JayWeymouth - 12-14-2019, 03:26 PM