Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Lincoln Beach 4/2 to 4/10
(04-13-2020, 02:33 AM)jbob81 Wrote: Pat to the rescue. Man is there anything you don't know?!!!! Thanks for the information
Ha!  There is a lot I still do not know.  Every day is a learning experience.  I have had a lot more days than most so I should know a few things by now...if I could just remember them.

I put together that info on using various colorful floatie things to present your bait above the bottom.  But knowing the basics is only the beginning.  On every trip you still have to dope out the right bait, the right float, the right color, the right sinker, the right length of line to the hook, the right speed, etc.  With experience you build up your own mental database of the best solutions based upon previous successes...or failures.  That generally results in being able to make the right choices more often and fine tuning your database.

You are on the right track.  Keep a questioning attitude and an open mind.  Ask questions and listen to the answers. The only stupid question is one you don't ask...and it costs you time, money and/or fish.  And spend some time with your fave search engine online.  Amazing the amount of stuff you can find if you look for it. 

The doctor prescribes more time on the water for R & D.   And keep an ongoing fishing log to record the pertinent data for each trip.  Amazing what you can get out of reading your own scratchings in later years...if you can remember where you keep them.

Messages In This Thread
Fishing Lincoln Beach 4/2 to 4/10 - by catchinon - 04-11-2020, 03:52 PM
RE: Fishing Lincoln Beach 4/2 to 4/10 - by jbob81 - 04-11-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: Fishing Lincoln Beach 4/2 to 4/10 - by jbob81 - 04-12-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: Fishing Lincoln Beach 4/2 to 4/10 - by jbob81 - 04-13-2020, 02:33 AM
RE: Fishing Lincoln Beach 4/2 to 4/10 - by TubeDude - 04-13-2020, 04:00 AM