Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
siteMi Cougar
absolutley !

i saw one on the bay/gladwin county line on highway 61 4 years ago . it was dark and i saw two sets of eyes glowing in the headlights , i slowed to a stop just where they were and saw the big cat pick up the full grown deer and watched it cross the road in front of me . i saw it clearley .

i reported it to the gladwin dnr , a few months later another sighting in the sherman township area state lands by myself .

last year in the beaverton area of gladwin a few farm animals were recovered along with the pad prints of the cat(s). farmer tim has had several track lines in his area as well . large cats eat from the chest cavity of there prey , liver , heart and lungs all organs that have a large blood content . cyotes eat there prey from the rectal area first .

our county dnr have been tracking these cats for a few years unofficially .

officially there stand on them is that the cougars are abandoned pets not wild animals .

two years ago the name "cougers" was placed in our hunting manuals , it was not listed in previous years . it lists them as a protected species .

black panthers have been photographed and video taped in the monroe farmlands and state lands .

yes , we have the big cats . i'm pretty sure i saw a news story a few months ago from the grand traverse bay area where tracks were found . my sister spotted some prints at sleaping bear dunes .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
siteMi Cougar - by callie - 03-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Re: [callie] siteMi Cougar - by lonehunter - 03-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Re: [lonehunter] siteMi Cougar - by callie - 03-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Re: [callie] siteMi Cougar - by lonehunter - 03-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Re: [callie] siteMi Cougar - by davetclown - 03-05-2004, 02:15 AM