Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is WD40 a good idea for fish attractant?
(06-28-2020, 04:09 PM)fast_randy Wrote: And a note on my WD chicken. When I first tried it last week at Bird, I checked. I hooked it up and put it in the water and did not see any oil coming off it. This and other things have always convinced me it is the smell and not the slick that attract the cats. I love you Pat, and the rest the of BFT'ers I feel are like family to me. But I will always stick up for what I believe. No offense taking and I hope I don't offend anyone for what I believe.
Pat, remember me talking about: finding something like Vaseline, something that doesn't smell that I could mix with WD to make it stay on your bait better? Well now WD-40 has a new sticky formula. I didn't buy any because you have to shake it at least 30 seconds before each squirt. I do wonder if the smell is the same????
No harm, no foul.  No offense given or taken.  You and I have had our own discussions.   We good.

Anglers in Utah have been using WD40 for decades...for trout, cats and other species.  I have seen that it does work very well at times.  DWR has not specifically outlawed it but they do frown on it.  I do not know of any citations issued to anyone using it...but technically it is a pollutant.  Howsomever...live bait is not a pollutant and it IS outlawed in Utah...except for worms and bugs.  And until recently, corn was also outlawed...because theoretically it was a pollutant.  Chummers (also illegal) were covering the bottom of the lake with corn...which decomposed and added pollutants to the water.  Theoretically.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is WD40 a good idea for fish attractant? - by TubeDude - 06-28-2020, 04:19 PM