Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua afternoon 1/2 and a lost auger
(01-03-2021, 09:33 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I think I would have titles this post, ": Mantua afternoon 1/2 and a stolen auger".
Bummer for sure, Sad thing is it happens pretty often at Mantua, not a year goes by that someone on here reports something being stolen while parked at Mantua. Glad to hear you and the wife caught some fish to ease you pain. 

On a positive note, I had the opposite experience at Willard. I lost my wallet, a kid found it after I left. He walked around to everyone still out on the ice until another member on BFT, that knew me, he got it from the young man and returned it to me. Thanks Kent D!!!

Glad to hear positive experiences like that out on the ice. For the most part I feel like there's a good group of people enjoying the outdoors.

(01-04-2021, 04:43 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: Well, you are lucky as heck to get a wife that will join you outdoors, but who ever stole (and they did steal) your auger is a scumbag.
If I'd seen an auger/drill next to a car/ truck, I would have left a note, picked it up, and gone looking for you out on the ice, or waited there until you came back. 

I couldn't even be friends with a guy like that. That would be something I couldn't budget for or afford to replace for months.

Thanks Springbuck, I am lucky she loves to fish. This year she has been out with me more than once ( usually her limit of ice fishing per season ), but I picked up a used tent, a new heater, and some decent boots for her. This has made all the difference.

Yes the auger is stolen, I had hopes of using kinder words would prompt some conscience of the offenders. No such luck. I won't be replacing it any time soon, unless I come across someone selling something used.

Messages In This Thread
Mantua afternoon 1/2 and a lost auger - by JArner - 01-03-2021, 04:28 AM
RE: Mantua afternoon 1/2 and a lost auger - by JArner - 01-04-2021, 07:06 PM