Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cat_kid's first tubing experience
[cool][blue][size 1]Whassa matta. I cain't teach you guys nuttin'? You are supposed to air your tube up tight and then take a pump to top it off when the cold shrinks it. Having a tight cover is a big part of the flotation thing. If you have to fight a saggy tube, you don't get to fish right.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Also, on launching in a donut, you got the sequence wrong. Set the tube down near the water, put the fins under the tube, with the feet ready to step into. Step into the fins, sit down on the tube (if necessary) and fasten the fins on your feet. Then, stand up and back into the water.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]You're right. Everybody puts on a good show their first launch.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I got out on Lake Pleasant in Arizona this weekend. Eighty degrees and sunshine. However, there was rain Thursday night that poured in mud and dropped the water temp. Combined with the full moon effect it did not help the fishing. I got two nice white bass and TubeBabe got one. All about 15" and 1.5 pounds. I have a pic or two to post, but the system is still down. I will make a separate post later.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I also tried out my horizontal rod rack. It works fine, but I still prefer the vertical...especially for fishing around stickups like I was doing on Lake Plaesant.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I also took some pics to post on my modified apron for the Super Fat cat...using stretch cord top and bottom for quick attach and release.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]One last thing I shot pics to post was on the naugahyde spine protection for the SFC. I got a full yard (36" X 54") of naugahyde at Wally World for only $3.77 a yard. I got 4 strips to protect the inside the front of the SFCs for both TubeBabe and myself...with a bunch left over. I am going to play around with making a full oversize apron. The ones that come with the Outcast Cats are small and wimpy. I don't use them much for line stripping, but I need a work bench for tackle tinkering once in awhile. Again, I will start a separate post with pics on that topic when we can load up pics again.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Glad everybody had a good weekend.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
cat_kid's first tubing experience - by cat_man - 03-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Re: [cat_man] cat_kid's first tubing experience - by TubeDude - 03-08-2004, 10:10 PM