Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21
(08-14-2021, 01:41 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: It was a pleasure getting out with Pat again.  It was way past due.  Always good to refine my fishing skills from those who have been there and done that -- many times.  He must have taught me good because the fish gods definitely shined on me and I didn't have to be the "gracious host".
Although we have fished together multiple times over the (all too many) years, this trip truly was "past due".  It has been too long.  You and I have maintained a friendship for a whole lotta years...first across the miles while I still lived in Arizona...and during the past 18 years that I have been back in Utah.

You know when you are with a true and trusted friend when you can go for long periods without feeling the need to make some kind of conversation...each already knowing and understanding what the other is thinking.  But then again, when you have two old codgers with poor hearing it is better to not say anything...because you just have to keep repeating it...louder.

And you are ALWAYS a gracious host...regardless of the final score.  There have been times I was top rod for the day...and others where you did better.  But the true measure of enjoyment of a fishing venture is not always the number of fish caught.  And if it ever becomes so, then it is time to find a new pastime.

Messages In This Thread
Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21 - by TubeDude - 08-13-2021, 10:26 PM
RE: Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21 - by lee! - 08-14-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21 - by TubeDude - 08-14-2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Fliggin' around with Kent 8-13-21 - by r2u2 - 08-15-2021, 01:29 AM