Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Time at Willard 9-7-22 (With Video)
(09-08-2022, 05:17 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: We saw that boat sitting outside the channel, could you tell if they were anchored up bait fishing? Bet it was funny seeing those power boat folks churning up the mud after not listening to you, some people never learn. Thanks again for handing off those fligs and letting us share the water with you, it was much appreciated.
Yep.  Bait Dunkers.  And from the appearance and conversation they were not too sophisticated.  But they were serious...and having fun.  Lots of whooping and hollering while fighting that cat.  And much moving of rods up and over each other and around the struts on their cover.  But...all's well that ends. 

There was another guy in a small boat but he was moving around and pitching lures in close to shore.  I didn't talk to him but I suspect he was trying for smallies.  Here's a pic of him that also shows the extreme low water along the dikes.  That is likely the reason for the continued murkiness in the water.  Even the slightest blow will make waves that wash exposed mud into the water.
[Image: NORTH-SIDE.jpg]

Happy to share the trinkets with you guys.  And when it's perchin' time you might wanna take a look at some of the new "mini whirlies"...with the little blades.  I have been making some up in the proven colors...like pink and orange tiger.   They are made on the same bodies as the tailed fligs we have been using.  And they have gotten a lot of votes already from perch in Deer Creek and Rockport.

[Image: SKINNY-COLORS.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hot Time at Willard 9-7-22 (With Video) - by TubeDude - 09-08-2022, 05:46 PM