Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Walleye Classic Results
We fished in this tournament. I can attest the fishing was really tough. All the elements were working against us, full moon at night, hot water and air temps, dead calm with no clouds…pretty much everything you don’t want when walleye fishing. That was our excuse and I’m sticking with it. It was extremely frustrating to say the least. We searched areas and baits for 3 days straight. Some guys did well, but they either had prior knowledge from past experience or figured a pattern out in prefishing. We are fairly new to walleye fishing, so no prior knowledge in those conditions and we obviously never found a pattern. We were able to pick a stray walleye off here and there but could never replicate success. The final numbers may be somewhat deceiving. The guys that did well, did better than their 6 fish bag and the guys that had poor success may have done slightly better than the numbers show due to either not weighing on day 2 or landing short fish. We did not weigh on day 2 and got a handful of short fish. I believe most of the walleye in Starvation are in the 10”-13” range. 12” was the minimum size you could weigh. There does seem to be a massive class of 16”-26” fish missing in there right now. It was a good time, a great learning experience and a very well ran event. We will do it again, hopefully with better results next time. There are some great walleye fisherman in Utah. It was fun fishing with them.

Messages In This Thread
Starvation Walleye Classic Results - by TubeDude - 09-15-2022, 01:25 PM
RE: Starvation Walleye Classic Results - by MACMAN - 09-17-2022, 05:34 AM