Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone getting out fishing in Idaho?
(04-11-2023, 11:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 11:07 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote: Fished Twin Lakes 4/14. Getting out on the ice was no problem thankfully my neighbor showed up with a piece of scaffolding to get off. Fishing was good. I caught 5 different species. Trout, bass, bluegill, crappie and perch. Lots and lots of little fish but I did end up bringing home a mixed bag of all above species. A 16" rainbow, two bass 15 and 16.5", a few crappies 8-10" a bunch of 8" bluegill, and 3 perch 8-11". I figure I brought 30-40 fish through the ice that day. The most productive depth was 17' of water. That will about do it for the ice fishing season for this guy the edges are getting pretty squishy making it hard to access. Luckily I believe ice off and big rainbows will be here in about 2 weeks or less.

Awesome report, sounds like you had a great day and some good sized fish too. Did one color of jig work better than another? Were you tipping the jig with a certain bait that seemed to help?
They weren't very picky. I was using pink colored tungsten tipped with either a waxie or spike and they both worked great!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone getting out fishing in Idaho? - by Fishybear2 - 04-14-2023, 04:02 PM