Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Willard Bay Floatilla on Friday the 13th (With Video)
(10-16-2023, 12:12 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like a great Fri the 13th. Looks like you were out there with good company and a 13" perch is a good one for sure, now if the water temps would just cool down. If you don't mind me asking, what area were you finding the most cats or were they spread out?
Two areas I got the most bites.  1. on the south side of the channel (and the red buoy) but in water less than 14'.  2. The outer edges of Eagle Beach.  Again, I just kept working my way in from about 16 feet to only 12-13 feet.   Didn't see much on sonar but did get some fish there.  The week before I was finding them in about the same depths out off the feed lot and along the dike between the feed lot and the marina. 

Same old story.  Absolutely nothing for long periods then finding an area with several active fish.  Biblical system.  Seek and ye shall find...maybe.  The key seemed to be keeping the baited flig closer to the bottom with shorter leaders...and moving slow...only about .3 - .5 mph.

(10-16-2023, 12:25 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Hey Pat, ever made your own version of the 'perch talker'? I found a homemade creation at Willard and wondered if I lucked into one of your secret prototypes you've been working on.
Nope.  Haven't knocked off the "perch talker".  But I have been making and (successfully) using what I call "dropper jigs" for several years.  Did very well on them...for the perch...last year and hoping to duplicate it this year.
[Image: DROPPER-JIGS.jpg] [Image: CHART-PERCH-WHIRLY.jpg] [Image: ORANGE-TIGER-WHIRTY-DROPPER.jpg] [Image: WIPER-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: BFT Willard Bay Floatilla on Friday the 13th (With Video) - by TubeDude - 10-16-2023, 12:08 PM