Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Evolution of Sportsman's Ethics
What I have found with this aging business is that it is more about the getting out than it is in the harvest.  I can be out on the lake or on the mountain and be content just to sit and enjoy.

That being said I am finding it harder and harder to get out.  I'm a comfort loving creature.  I find that both mornings and winters are a lot colder than they used to be.  With my winters being colder ice fishing has lost much of it's appeal whereas prior I all but loved being on the ice.

Perhaps a lot of this decline has to do with it seems to be a lot more work to be out enjoying my obsessions of fishing and hunting than it used to be.

If it were not for the hunting mentor program I don't think I would be out hunting at all.  We have a grand daughter that enjoys hunting and that is where the yearly deer tag goes.  If it were not for her and my cheap nature of (I paid for the Lifetime license so I need to be out) it would be only fish for me I think.

Aw the woes of not being young forever.  That being said I'll end my Oh Poor Me's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Evolution of Sportsman's Ethics - by PACMEN - 10-19-2023, 03:40 PM