Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheep Creek to Strawberry
Figured I'd get on here to let those who go to Strawberry via Spanish Fork Canyon, then up Sheep Creek, that the gate is closed just after the junction that goes North to Rays Valley.  To those who are familiar this is the new oiled road.  The gate is open at Indian Creek but closed at the South end.

Yesterday we went to the Berry using this road.  When we left Renegade at just after 5 pm we headed home on this road.  We got to the gate and had to turn around go back to Indian creek then on to hwy 40.  Pretty well took a half hr each way.  We were not the only ones with this conundrum a truck pulling a boat pulled up to the gate right behind us.
AT the gate there is no easy way to turn around.  The road is 2 lane with mountain on one side and a drop off on the other.  We backed up the road a hundred yards or so where the road grade was a bit less.  Jack knifed the boat, blocked the wheels both ways, unhooked the truck, turned it around, drove on the shoulder past the boat, then hooked up to the trailer that was now blocking pretty much both travel lanes and off we went back up the mountain.
Took us 2 hrs longer to get home than it did to get there.  To say the least we were some pretty unhappy fishers.

Now to the important stuff.  Catching was fairly. We did not do as good as last week but still caught our fair share plus some.  Nice warm calm morning with catching consistent then noon or so a 5mph breeze kicked up.  A big Smile  came to my face as I ALWAYS do better with a bit of chop on the water.  I guess the ALWAYS needs to be amended.  Dang catching dropped right off.  It never got back to as fast as it had been.  When the breeze kicked up the  fish moved from the top 4' of water to 6' -10' down and got more finicky.  All my fish were caught on white tubes with chub cut bait.  Fellow I was with caught a few on night crawlers but I think most of his were on the cut bait also.  Tried other colors but they only seemed to want white.
I did not count but I would estimate there were about 6 outfits with boat trailers in the parking lot.

Messages In This Thread
Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by PACMEN - 11-16-2023, 05:15 PM
RE: Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by Kent - 11-16-2023, 05:28 PM
RE: Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by PACMEN - 11-16-2023, 05:35 PM
RE: Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by gofish435 - 11-16-2023, 06:02 PM
RE: Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by chubby chaser - 11-16-2023, 06:57 PM
RE: Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by SkunkedAgain - 11-16-2023, 08:13 PM
RE: Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by Piscophilic - 11-16-2023, 09:29 PM
RE: Sheep Creek to Strawberry - by catchinon - 11-21-2023, 08:14 PM