Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chubs, management, and everything else
Fishbladder,

As I said before, I fish Minersville roughly 40 times a year. I take a train to Milford, and drive over to the reservoir whenever I get enough time off down there to make it worth my time to go. I have caught hundreds of fish over the 20 inch lenght requirement that has been in place. I've caught several dozen over 22 inches. And I have caught about one or two each year that are in the 24 or 25 inch class. I don't have a boat down there, and I fish from the shore. IFyou could get everybody who fishes Minersville ( or any other water ) to obey the rules there would be thousands of 24 inch fish in Minersville. Sadly though there are still people ( I'm being very nice here ) who fish Minersville that take several fish each and every trip, and don't care what the regulations say.

I don't know what you define as a trophy fish, but there isn't a better fishery in the state than Minersville. It cannot support the number of fisherman hours that Strawberry does, but it's only a fraction of the size of Strawberry.

The only four problems at Minersville, are compliance with the regulations, cormorants, chubs, and lack of water. Maybe if you could put in a good word with God, we could at least get some water to fill it back up.

Fishrmn

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Fishbladder] Chubs, management, and everything else - by Fishrmn - 03-23-2004, 01:14 AM