Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
teaching kids the rules of fishing
LOL, I believe this type situation as gone on as long as fishin itself has existed. Sadly its apparent those bass pro's seem to think if the kids and their folks are fishing there it must be where the fish are.. To mean that say little for their talent as fishermen, or social skill as human's. It also cause me to wonder if the folks raised them to act that way. Sadly though, to may people arent taught to treat others with respect and they simply try and take what they want, when they want it. Well I have to say that this old loud mouth (like others) will make it know in no uncertain terms that their stepping on my toe's by getting to close. Whats more, I had no problem in teaching children, and now my grand children, that respect from others is something you often have to demand whether on a shoreline or otherwise.

Last Aug. at the Berry my grandson (now nearly 4) and I were fishing. Well the situation of a boat pulling up and dropping ancor took place. After they tangled his line I mentioned they were a tad to close. Well needless to say words were exchanged. After an hour I invited my grandson to "toss a few great big rocks in the water while old grandpa picked up our gear". The phase "your an @ssho!e" was mention from the boat and I was quick to respond with "And damn proud of it!". Of course at my grandson's age he didnt realize the out come of those big wocks pounding the water. [Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
teaching kids the rules of fishing - by icefool - 03-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Re: [icefool] teaching kids the rules of fishing - by Coldfooter - 04-02-2004, 09:41 AM