Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal protection - Springield vs Glock
I finally took the leap and made a decision. On saturday I went to a local indoor gun range in an effort to shoot a few of the models mentioned in the above posts. I shot the Glock 19, the Springfield XD and a S&W (can't remember the model).. All of these guns shot well and felt good. The message I got from all of your posts was that each person is different and personal preferences play a huge role. I really wanted to go with a 40 or maybe even a little bigger. However, I had to go with something that the wife could handle. The 40 seemed to have little more snap than the 9. The recoil was sharper and faster. Seemed like the 9 was a slower and more of a push like recoil. I thought it would be wise to stick with the 9 simply because I want my wife to enjoy this as much as I. After I shot these guns it was a total toss up as to which one was better. I ended up buying the Springfield XD 9mm, with a green on black. Bought another 50 rounds and went back into the range and had a great time and am very happy with it. Thank you everone for you advise and sharing of experiences. Here's a picture
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [theangler] Personal protection - Springield vs Glock - by BEARCLAW - 04-05-2004, 04:27 PM