Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im 13 and im not to good at fishing i need help
Welcome to fishing bigmouthbabe. I recently began fishing too. I was unemployed when I started, so I had to make every dollar I spent count. I have a few suggestions for ya. 1) It sounds like you have an artificial fly, I'd try to find another angler in the area and arrange a trade. If he's a fly fisherman too, he might be willing to trade some nice hooks and sinkers or even a lure for it. 2) Listen to the people on this board like daymere. A lot of them have been at this a long long time, and probably started with 5 hooks. 3) When you get some money, buy yourself some tackle, things like sinkers, swivels and snaps. Buy sinkers first, because you'll really need some, the other stuff is just nice to have. 4) I hate to say it, but I would definitely try using real nightcrawlers before I spent money on fake ones. Real ones are nice, because if you can't find any bass, any other fish that swims will take them. You might not get a bass dinner, but a sunfish dinner is hard to beat. 5) Don't let ANYONE make you feel like you don't belong. You may run across a few jerks with no patience for a beginner, but if you're respectful to their space, most anglers are certainly willing to teach. 6) Try to get your friends into the sport. Maybe you can even pitch in to buy some tackle together. $5 can get you enough hooks, sinkers, and bobbers for 3 or 4 of ya.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [kingcat] Im 13 and im not to good at fishing i need help - by StriperAddict - 04-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Re: [bigmouthbabe] Im 13 and im not to good at fishing i need help - by baitdrowner - 04-15-2004, 03:44 PM