Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I gave it a shot...
David,

I've noticed you post a bit about coming back to fishing. Same thing happened to me. I grew up a fishing fanatic in Louisianna where I'm from. Allthough I fished for and caught everything I could, largemouth bass where my main game. I even managed to win a couple of small tourneys for kids and one for adults. I couldn't imagine not fishing...

After I graduated I didn't seem to have the time or the inclination to fish. I traveled a bit for a few years in the military and then afterwards I was just too busy drinking and chasin' women to fish.

I really didn't fish for a good 12 years. For at least half of those years I was married and quite settled, but when I'd get the inclination to fish, well I just didn't have the gear anymore.

Well several years ago I was lost... I didn't like Vegas and we were here because of the living it provided and I was stuck. I was starting to get quite depressed and one day walking through a department store I picked up a cheap spinning combo and fell in love all over. I started fishing again and boy has it been a blessing. I still don't like vegas, but as long as I get away once in a while, I'm fine living here. To be honest, there's not many, if any, cities that I can say I like.

It still amazes me that I went that long without fishing, especially with how much I truly enjoy it! I was wondering about your story. From your posts it seems to me that you really enjoy fishing and I was wondering what led you away from the sport? If it's none of my business say so, I was just curious.

Have a nice day,
Mark
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Well, I gave it a shot... - by Telbone - 04-18-2004, 05:19 AM
Re: [Powermaker] Well, I gave it a shot... - by Telbone - 04-19-2004, 05:44 AM