Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report 12/11
[cool]Had a great time at Scofield today as CBR, MikeRomaine(sp?), and FairwayPhilly and I, met up on the ice at about 7:15 or so, and it wasn't quite as "nice" as we thought it was going to be weather wise that early. Probably about 6 degrees and foggy, but as the day moved on, it definitely got warmer, and so did the fishing. We each caught about 4 or 5 each during the first two hours, but Phil's fishfinder was finding fish everywhere, but they were VERY hesitant to bite. Soon after we were fishing the masses starting coming, and pretty close to where we were. Gotta love that...NOT!! But, as we looked further down the lake between the island and the east shore, there were 100 people out there, at least, so we counted our blessings. Probably 50-60 people where we were. The middle part of the day got slow until about 1:00, and then the fishies decided to cooperate. We ended the day with probably 60-70 fish total between us, with Mike getting the "most bites and most involuntary release" award.[Tongue] We all had a blast together, and it was cool getting to know these guys better, and hanging out on the ice. Biggest one we landed was probably about 17 inches, although when I went to set the hook on a big strike, my line snapped, so who knows how nice that one might have been. We really had to work for our fish today. It wasn't as fast and easy as last weekend. It seemed like those fish have been worked with quite a bit of pressure, but our persistence paid off.

I look forward to fishing with these guys again! Oh yeah, talked to kastmaster (i think it was) on the radio and also one guy that doesn't post much, but forgot his name (sorry).
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Scofield Report 12/11 - by Out4Trout - 12-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Re: [Out4Trout] Scofield Report 12/11 - by CBR - 12-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Re: [mikecromaine] Scofield Report 12/11 - by CBR - 12-12-2004, 10:23 PM