Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning on going to Strawberry this week
I was just there on Tuesday. Walked past a lot of folks who weren't catching much. We walked about 1/4 mile past everyone (but I don't mind walking). We had a real good day using a variety of jigs. I had 31 fish and was using anything from chartreusse curly tails (2" or 3", but the larger ones would get their tails pulled on), white curly tails, white and pink marabou, white sparkly tube jigs, and kast masters. Literally everything. My buddy caught lots on the same, and even a couple of weird black/pumpkin fuzzy jigs (Foxees I think). Point is, everyone has their favorite and are confident in it, but we didn't find anything they really HAD to have. I think that the key was to get out from the middle of everyone. One of those wire strike indicators will help you if you aren't fishing in a hut. We were in 32 feet of water and mostly catching them on the bottom or just below where you could see your jig at 12-15 feet. Good luck. Fish On!

Fisch R. Mann

Messages In This Thread
Re: [addicted2fishin] Planning on going to Strawberry this week - by FischRMann - 12-29-2004, 03:00 PM