Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buck Pole Hang them Deer pic's here
hi guys , didn't win on tne elk permit and i decided to just take the points on bear untill i find a good spot with a selection . but the deer hunting has been my primary this fall .
opening of archery was to say the least a schene from every hunters nightmere . on bowhunters eve , i went thru a long prep time making sure everything was perfect , in my mind i would be the first one to regester the new state ( or world ) record buck before the birds started to chirp . but , alas , the dog trashed the house at one a,
.m. and i was up untill three cleaning it up . i sat down just to rest instead of going back to sleep , but sleep i did untill sixthirty . i raced to get dressed and grabed my gear and scrambled out the door in order to beat the rising sun . my betterhalf came out waving as i zipped down the drive twards my destination , this was not the time to stop for a hug goodby , i just waved and continued on my quest .
when i reached my destination , i got out my bow and arrows and grabed the flashlite with the dying batterys in it (normally i wouldn't need it but the youth hunt was on )it started to peter out and i started to sweat , i had about a mile to go and there were three other cars in the parking area . well i got to my stand and climbed up , as i steped on it it darn near fell , some so and so tried to take it but i had it chained and padlocked , so i ended up standing on the ladder . daylight broke and not ten minutes later here they came , one big fat doe and a yearling . following them by about ten yards was about a two year old six point , they were headed strait for the corner of the rye feild i was in , this was going to be easy ! i don't know why , but for some reason i couldn't remember if i had brought my knife or not , so i started to feel my pockets . nope not in that one , nope not that one either , thats the one where i USUALLY keep my wallet , which has my license in it , panick took over , i searched all pockets and then realised why the wife came out to see me off , she was waving my wallet . i dropped my arrows to the ground and tied off my bowstring to disable it . i stood there on that ladder for about fourty five minutes , motionless and kicking myself in the butt mentaly every minute of it . i knew i wasen't going to get an evening hunt in so i just went home like a big dog that lost a fight with a puppy . the best laid plans of mice and men ......
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [davetclown] Hunting Reports - Big Game - by lonehunter - 10-06-2002, 02:09 AM