Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rock Piles At Bear Lake
[size 1]Is there a citizens advisory board or program that allows individuals to give input on the direction and management of our favorite bodies of water? [/size]

Yes, there is. Each of the 5 regions in Utah (UDWR regions) has a RAC (Regional Advisory Council) composed of representatives from various interests, walks of life, etc. They meet once a month in their respective regions. The sportsmen can find more info. on the regions at the UDWR website. The public can have their say at these meetings and doing so at the RAC meeting is where to have your voice heard. Anyway, as of now there is no dedicated fishermen program since fishing is quite different than hunting. The dedicated hunter program allows you to hunt all three season for deer (archery, muzzleloader, and firearm) whereas if you are not in the program you have to "choose your weapon" and hunt only one hunt. There are other stipulations to the dedicated hunter program, but I won't go into those here. Anyway, I suggest you log onto the UDWR website ([url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov"]www.wildlife.utah.gov[/url]) and do some reading so you can get your questions answered there, since I don't have all the answers. Let's end this thread and go fishing!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
New Rock Piles At Bear Lake - by Old_Coot - 10-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Re: [whit210] New Rock Piles At Bear Lake - by BearLakeFishGuy - 11-05-2005, 05:51 PM