Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it was trout they (DWR) would replant....
[reply]

Now if that is a yellow perch hanging on your Dad's wall is a three pounder...that's a new state record and a new IFGA record for Utah. Because the Utah record is only 15 1/8 inches long at 2 pounds and 11 ounces.

[font "Arial"][/font]
[font "Arial"]I would hate to see a nice record like your Dad's not be recognized for the trophy it is. [/font][/reply]

You're jumping to conclusions. No where did W&B ever claim that the Yellow Perch (approx. 3lbs) was caught by hook and line. My father (who's wall had the perch) recently retired from the DWR. This perch was taken out of Fishlake a number of years ago. It was collected in a gillnett sampling. It was a definate trophy, which was the reason they saved it, and had it mounted.

This fish was taken not long after perch were introduced into the lake. They had yet to stunt. I doubt there are any perch of that size left in the lake.

Again, this fish is still currently hanging up in the Souther Regional DWR offices, if anyone would like to see it...

Dave -- good post. It really isn't about Trout vs. Walleye, perch, etc.. It is about what fish is right for the water.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [bassrods] If it was trout they (DWR) would replant.... - by PBH - 12-19-2005, 03:19 PM