Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinion, and help
I hope I wont need the warrenty either [Wink] And thanks, I'll check out those reels. The new rod is 9' and I'm not sure the action though, I am assuming it's medium. And yes it does feel a lot better than the Pflueger (I think I forgot the "P" before).

The floatant I'm using is meant to be used beforehand. I never use it while out on the stream. I have some of that Glide stuff, a guy at the local shop gave me a bottle with a few uses left in it for free. With the dust stuff, do you put it right on the fly or do you put the fly in it and shake it off?

As far as my question about the leader/tippet. I should have been more clear. While using the dry fly on still, slow moving water, you can obviously see a disturbance caused by it. I don't have a problem using a nymph. What it seems like is that the leader and tippet, of course doing what you want it to do, is sitting on top of the water and creating little dimples in the surface which I would assume a wary trout can see. So again, I am wondering about the dish soap. Dish soap works by breaking the surface tension of water so it seems that it would work. But then, there are two problems I can see. Would it then sink? And the other, would it then cause some sort of soapy slick, or scent, which might be worse?

Also, I'm pretty curious, I checked out your profile. It says you are a musician, true? What do you play? I'm actually a bass player myself. Right now I'm playing with a roots rock band, Richfield. Check us out at www.myspace.com/richfield and have a listen.

Thanks again for the info, Kyle
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Your opinion, and help - by Discman - 01-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Re: [flygoddess] Your opinion, and help - by Discman - 01-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Re: [Discman] Your opinion, and help - by Dryrod - 01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Re: [Dryrod] Your opinion, and help - by Discman - 01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Re: [Discman] Your opinion, and help - by Dryrod - 01-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Re: [Discman] Your opinion, and help - by Dryrod - 01-25-2006, 07:13 PM