Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS on Boat
Was Up Jim... I figured you to be in Florida by now.

I use a Garmin handheld GPS that never seems to interfere with my fishfinder.

But speaking of fishfinders... Since we seem to have caught you in a generous mood with your well guarded info. While you are sunbathing in the Keys and the rest of us are chasing the crumbs that you have left behind at the Gorge...

And just a side note for all of you who dont know Jim... He has probably forgotten more about catching monster Mac's than the rest of us know, Combined !!! As a matter of fact, some footage shot on his boat of me landing a hog became the highlight of a video I was asked to make, impressed the heck out of Mark Burnett, and very nearly landed me a spot on season 3 of "The Apprentice" (Thanks again Jim !!!)

Anyway, I was wondering if you might share with us (or just me in a PM Smile) the best settings for electronics.

I run a Lowrance X85, I belive the same as you, but I never see the kind of action on my screen that I witnessed fishing on your boat.

Granted, thats probably because I'm an idiot and in the wrong spot most of the time, But I dont seem to see the same kind of movements not only from the fish, but my jig either.

My unit, as most of the newer model do, has several diffrent modes, ie. Fastrack, 192khz, digital, and several others as well as some combinations of both. And a whole array of settings such as greyline, sensitivity, etc.

I've had it set just about every way/mode possible but havent really gained true confidence in any certain one.

I would much appreciate any input you, or any other fellow BFT members / jiggers (Am I allowed to say Jigger?) might share. I'm seeking proper settings for jigging by the way. (obviously)

By the way Jim, I'll drink a pina colada or a mai tai or some kind of islandy drink for you next time I'm freezing to death up at the big pond.

Thanks...

Josh
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
GPS on Boat - by WalleyeWiper - 01-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Re: [WalleyeWiper] GPS on Boat - by BearLakeMack - 01-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Re: [WalleyeWiper] GPS on Boat - by Tarponjim - 01-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Re: [Tarponjim] GPS on Boat - by pinksnapper - 01-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Re: [pinksnapper] GPS on Boat - by Tarponjim - 01-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Re: [WalleyeWiper] GPS on Boat - by Bigcat - 01-02-2006, 02:44 AM