Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best light-test line
that is a vary good probability, especialy during times of low national productivity. Items will set on the shelves longer than they should.

Its not realy the age that kills the line but the light. sun light is the worst, even the light from a light bulb including floresent lighting will kill the fine plastic thread of a fishing line.

that is right, fishing line is a plastic of the higest quality. but like any other plastic they share the same two weekness. Light and Cement.

one should keep this in mind the next time they pick up new line. open the box if it isnt sealed and check the quality of the line color, if it is paling in comparisen to the other spools of larger or smaller test it probably is not a good idea to take it home.

another tell tail sign that the line is on the back side of its life span is if the line is leaving a powdery residue on your hands when you are handling it.

yet there is another tell tail sign is if you let the line un ravel a little bit off your spool from your reel and it stays in almost the same coil shape from when it was on your reel it is a good time to change it. its ok if it has large curls, but if it has the tight curl there is where a problem lays.

I am sure most every angler has casted line out with a bobber attached and see a streched out slinky shape line. this leads for the opertunity for several problems from breaking to snarling up on and off the reel.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Best light-test line - by Tarpon4me - 04-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] Best light-test line - by tubeN2 - 04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Best light-test line - by Dryrod - 01-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Re: [Dryrod] Best light-test line - by TubeDude - 01-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Best light-test line - by Dryrod - 01-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Re: [Dryrod] Best light-test line - by TubeDude - 01-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] Best light-test line - by Snags_Alot - 01-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Re: [Snags_Alot] Best light-test line - by davetclown - 01-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Re: [Tarpon4me] Best light-test line - by dabluz - 12-30-2005, 02:34 AM