Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CISCO RUN IS ON @ BEAR LAKE!
To answer your #3 question, this is a PM I got for Scott a few days ago when I ask him the same question. I thought they tasted OK but I like the whitefish better. I hope you don't mine me sharing this info Scott.
"I use sissors to cut off their head and open up their gut cavity. I then scrape the few guts they have with my index finger. Then I take a knife and knock off some of the scales, you don't have to get all of them. I rinse them with water and drip dry them on paper towels. I then mix up breading: equal parts of flour, pancake mix, and corn meal. Season the breading however you like. I then drop the bodies of the cisco into a zip lock bag with some of the breading and shake them to coat them all over. (I don't use eggs, only the moisture on the fish). I then deep fry them in hot oil and turn until they look done. If the cisco are small you can eat the whole thing bones and all. If they are larger you can kinda eat them like "corn on the cob" by munching on the fish away from the main backbone/rib bones. The tail is the best part. Tastes like a potatoe chip. Good eating!!!"
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
CISCO RUN IS ON @ BEAR LAKE! - by BearLakeFishGuy - 01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Re: [Rippinem] CISCO RUN IS ON @ BEAR LAKE! - by wiperhunter2 - 01-19-2006, 09:05 AM