Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first striper...woohoo!
well it was pouring down the rain yesterday morning and i was watching some boring PBS shows about fishing waiting for the time to arrive to go to church and the fishing shows gave me the bug. So i threw on my cold/wet weather gear and headed down to cheatam lake...getting tired of going to the steam plant all the time!

So i was fishing for a couple hours without a bite...only one other soul out there in the pouring rain. The other guy finally left and i had the place to myself. I chucked most every plastic that i had and had skipjack on my second pole in case a cat was 'in the mood'.
anyhows....i lost a bit of gear in the river and was about ready to leave when i decided to try a crappie jig. I chucked it as far as i could and let the current carry it downstream a bit and slowly started really in...CRAP another snag...^&*@!! [pirate] Oopsie...the snag suddenly started powering down the river!!! [shocked]
IT WAS ON!!

took over 30 minutes to land the striper...it almost spooled me a couple times...i ended up grabbin the net and running down the river bank a few times to try and keep from getting spooled....THANK God i had quit using my ultralight gear!! It was 39"...27lbs and 25" in girth...my biggest fish to this point...can't get this Smile off my face!! [cool]

will try and post a pic whenever i get this resizing thing figured out.

cyas
rc

Messages In This Thread
first striper...woohoo! - by guppyslayer - 01-23-2006, 11:32 AM