Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinion, and help
Ok, here's the thought. After much thinking, is my current reel that bad? I am using the Pflueger Medalist, 1494 I think is the number, that came off of my starter kit. Would it be better to get a couple of spare spools ( which would only cost about $15-$20 a piece) for that instead of a new reel? Would getting new, nicer, line and maybe a few types of line, be a little better? Or would you still recommend that I get a new reel?

And I had some questions about other things. The first is, I came across a review on my rod that said to keep the connections waxed. What is this referring to and what do you use for it? The other questions have to do with lline: 1. does one type of floating line float better? I am having trouble with the first few feet of my line not floating. 2. What line do you recommend? Right now I am still using the line it came with (probably very cheap line at that). And 3. How often should you change floating lines? And is there a good online source for discount lines?

Thank's guys, I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes on. And I will post them as they come up. As a matter of fact, I am having a thought right now, I'll wait until later.

Thanks again, Kyle
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Your opinion, and help - by Discman - 01-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Re: [Discman] Your opinion, and help - by Dryrod - 01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Re: [Dryrod] Your opinion, and help - by Discman - 01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Re: [Discman] Your opinion, and help - by Dryrod - 01-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Re: [Discman] Your opinion, and help - by Dryrod - 01-25-2006, 07:13 PM