Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the most bizarre thing you ever caught
doing turtles.

it is not as bad as it sounds, time consumnig yes. figure about 2 hours and 45 minutes.

that is 2 hours hainging time and 45 minutes to clean if you know what you are doing.

and it takes as long to clean a 5 pound turtle as it dose to clean a 35 pound turtle...

they say a turtle has seven different flavors of meat.

this is and isnt true, more so that it can be prepaired just like seven different flavors of meet.

I like suthern fried turtle, its as taisty as any chicken I ever et.

my favorite method of prepairing it is to make a farmers stew with carrots potatos zukini and summer squash brochlie colliflower a couple ears of sweet sumer corn with the curnels cut then scraped off the cob onions and if I am fealing like haveing a casiroll I will thow in sweet peas and a hand full of chopped cabage, since I dont grow celery that is up to you. I then use cream of mushroom soup for my cream sause.

I do have to presure cook it before prepairing it. @ 15 pounds of presure for about 15 minutes. Then I debone, from there you can use any meat recipe in the book. from fish to calm to chicken pork beef, it will complement most any seasoning you throw at it.... I have to admit the only seasoning I use is salt and pepper and maybe a shot of garlic poweder.

once you eat one you will understand why some turtles around the world are on the endangered list. Where it might be against the law to go after some species of turtles for united states residents there are other people who still see them as food and go after them.

I love frog legs, keeping them in the pan when cooking them can be a bit of a chalange, I can say if you like frog legs you will love turtle...

last time I made turtle stew I had one big enough to make a 3 gallon pot, I shared it with the guys at work who of corse never taisted turtle, there were no left overs...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Tarpon4me] whats the most bizarre thing you ever caught - by davetclown - 05-04-2006, 05:19 AM