Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/21 from the dike
Hit the water today with hookjaw brimhall. We targeted cats along the southeast dike. The W was blowing quite a bit harder today, making the fishing a little tougher. Between the 2 of us we managed 12-15 cats with the biggest going to Hookjaw with a 19". All the fish were caught on night crawlers. All were released.

We did see a few quick boils very close to the dike. We didn't have enough time to even make a cast for them. We did throw a few cranks and jigs with no success.

The party boaters were out in force. There was one group that were REALLY ridiculous. Multiple times I saw them speed past a trolling boat pulling a skier. In addition I don't know how many people the law allows on a 20-24' boat, but there were 9 people on this boat. Sometimes 2 or 3 of them were on the tower of the boat. They would also leave 2-3 people in the water, and pull another skier around for awhile. No flag up for these people. Just left them adrift. Lucky they didn't get killed by their comrades.

I do have a pic of the boat, but it was too far out to get an ID on it. Sorry.

Anyway, good to get out, and good company.

PS... sorry the pics are so fuzzy... don't have a great camera, and the camera operator is even worse. You can see how many people are on that boat though, and you can see the poeple on the tower.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard 6/21 from the dike - by Flycasting - 06-22-2006, 03:25 AM