Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah, so, I'm back...
[cool][#0000ff]I still haven't launched on Quail but I have "visited" and watched the wind blow the water sideways. I have driven around the lake and tried to figure out the best launching. It is a Utah State Park, so you have to pay a fee to drive down in for any of the camp areas or best launch sites. However, if you are into a short, steep trek, you can park free on the road at the NE end of the lake and take your gear (carefully) down a couple of trails.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]During the warm weather months, most of the bass are deeper. Best launching and fishing is from the ramp to the dam, and out into deeper water. Early in the year you can launch at the far north end of the park and kick up to the trees or across to the opposite bank. Just be sure you know that the wind will not come up and blow you to the dam before you can get back.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Before it gets too warm, and swarmed with power craft, there is good bassin' (and big crappies) around the flooded brush and trees at the inlet end. Later you have to go with deep Carolina rigs or drop shot. But, with the size of the fish in there, it is worth some effort.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Yeah, so, I'm back... - by StrictlyBiznuss - 07-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Re: [StrictlyBiznuss] Yeah, so, I'm back... - by TubeDude - 07-09-2006, 10:36 AM