Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your impression of your new Graphite, as opposed to your old Fiberglass Rods
There is a big difference with then and now. Even in glass, bamboo and graphite.
The old Boo's and glass where heavy as heck, with a much different taper.
Graphite you have the choise of Fast, Med/Fast, Med, Med/slow, and slow. Materials they use now are lighter (Boron)
A glass rod is going to have a much thicker butt section due to the material.
Bamboo rods today are thin light and in no way resemble the older ones. Some are even fluted (hollow) to make them even lighter.
Also in the old days 6wt to 8wt rods were the norm. Reels were very heavy also so they balance out nice.

I have several graphite rods (different line weight, length, flex and the rod weight it's self). I love new stuff (not in the brand new sense, but new to me) The ol man built me a Lamiglass glass rod this year. Full flex, I mean it is a noodle. Very fun to use. Very close in feel to my bamboo, but ALOT less money so I can let others use it or throw it in my car with out worrying about hurting it.
Windy days I will still take graphite, also when throwing big bugs.
My thought is, you like it, it feels good, it improves your casting ability....BUY IT![cool]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Thudpucker] your impression of your new Graphite, as opposed to your old Fiberglass Rods - by flygoddess - 08-10-2006, 11:08 PM