Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your impression of your new Graphite, as opposed to your old Fiberglass Rods
[font "Palatino Linotype"][black][size 3]Graphite is good. But, I'll lay down a more gentle line with glass or bamboo. Mostly fishing streams or rivers you'll not shoot out more that 40' 90% of the time. I have no problem stripping in a few feet and picking up the line with glass or bamboo. But then again, my graphite rods I have used for streams and rivers are medium flex and I fish all three types of rods the in some what the same style. As in graphite, you'll find different tapers in glass too. I have a old Shakespear WonderRod in 5w that I'm redoing now, that is faster that some graphite rods I have. (Orvis Superfine). My Steffan Bros. glass is a faster glass rod than my Lamiglas. My Fenwick Fenglass 6w is altogether a different animal. Different strokes for different folks or rods.
One thing you said puzzles me is graphite has an edge for catching fish. I couldn't figure out what you mean by that.
Each rod type has it's trade offs. I like the slower action rods, be it boo, glass or graphite like the Superfine series.
I also like the plastic rods. Like I said each has it's place.
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Thudpucker] your impression of your new Graphite, as opposed to your old Fiberglass Rods - by EvilAsh - 08-29-2006, 12:25 AM