Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you attach a dropper?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Have you noticed that when you fish with the dropper off the bend, that more than likely the fish hit the dropper (not always but more regularly). When I fish a dry with the dropper off the bend, I catch 10 to 1 on the dropper. I can't help but think that the dropper effects the way the first fly floats. By tying first fly off a small tag or even a loop in the line like I said, it takes on it's own movement as well as the dropper. I experimented with this and I do get more hits on the tagged first fly then on the bend rig.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Down side to my experience with the off the bend, is having interested fish check out the first fly only to turn and get snagged on second. I guess it could happen with the tag rig also, but I haven't yet.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Plus de-barbbed hooks are trick at times with that off the bend dropper.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]As a second part of you first question, is to keep it simple so as not to tangle to much. Off the bend or very short tag, or off the line all together. No loose ends to wrap around each other.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
How do you attach a dropper? - by bioman - 09-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Re: [Scruffy_Fly] How do you attach a dropper? - by flygoddess - 09-18-2006, 11:56 PM