Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.L. White Bass Problem
[cool][#0000ff]Don't misunderstand. I make noise about being frustrated by the (fruitless) efforts being made to preserve those fish, but I am also an environmentalist at heart. I have lived long enough to see the complete destruction of too many species, worldwide. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I do not really advocate abandoning the June sucker program. However, like some of the other restoration programs we are living with, I am sometimes frustrated by how much goes into a "lost cause" at the expense of all other interests. In the greater scheme of things, the world will not implode if the last June sucker dies and is eaten by catfish. It would be a shame, yes, but not a catastrophe...unless you bleed green.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]I also know that any federal program automatically escalates a local situation to "untouchable". I'm not foolish enough to believe that a few frustrated Utah anglers could make any impact on the feds. Other well developed and well funded lobbying groups around the country have tried fruitlessly to preserve the homes, land and livelihoods of people who have to make a living on lands that have been taken over by "save the endangered (whatever)" programs.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]People poke fun at PETA rallies. They are nothing when compared to zealous environmentalists and fed programs. Yeah, I have been knowed to hug a few trees, but not ones that are already dead.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
U.L. White Bass Problem - by utfishguy31 - 01-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Re: [wormandbobber] U.L. White Bass Problem - by TubeDude - 01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Re: [TubeDude] U.L. White Bass Problem - by Nica - 01-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Re: [hashbaz] U.L. White Bass Problem - by UTBASS - 01-06-2007, 01:24 PM